DSL are an ethical lender targeting businesses in the private and social enterprise sectors. We spend time with businesses to ensure they can afford a loan and are clear about how they will generate surplus/profit.
DSL provide loans for any business purpose up to £50,000 for a maximum period of five years. Clients have borrowed money for staff, cash flow, equipment, vehicles, marketing and property refurbishment.
Why borrow from DSL?
- Loans from £5,000 to £50,000
- Fixed rate of interest (therefore if interest rates rise your payments won’t)
- Written quote so you can plan your payments
- No annual fees
- Pay back at any time with no penalty payment
- Pre and post-loan advice and guidance
- Average time from application receipt to loan issue is 6 weeks
Business support and Advice
DSL will analyse business loan applications to ensure clients are ‘loan’ ready. Once they become a client we offer regular aftercare providing support and expert help to ensure the business is stable and grows.
All clients get aftercare advice and visits every six months to see if there is anything we can do to make your business work better.
DSL are able to provide guidance and advice on your plans and cash flow forecasts – please let us know if this is the main barrier to applying.
DSL Loan Management and Financial Inclusion
- We can scope out the costs and operational realities of setting up and running a loan fund.
- We can also provide specialist advice for grant funders looking at developing partial loan fund/ investment products
- DSL have over six years year experience of managing a loan fund on behalf of Scottish Enterprise.
In 2010 we were awarded the contract from Poppyscotland to run ‘Be the Boss’ a loan fund targeting veterans.
‘Service leavers develop a wide range of skills and attributes during their time in the Forces and we believe they should be given every opportunity to build on these skills in civilian life… We are pleased that DSL is getting involved in Be the Boss and that it recognises the potential of Service leavers to become entrepreneurs.’
Ian McGregor, Chief Executive, Poppyscotland
‘DSL are a social enterprise, which has been lending to other social enterprises for 10 years. All repayments from loans are used to create future loans so every time you borrow from us you will help future social enterprises access funds. We are here to make your business a success.’
Eunice Lancaster, General Manager, DSL
Polish bus drivers give stamp of approval to revamped Inchinnan Post Office.
Paisley Daily Express, July 27 2011